Friends of the Poor operates drop box bins for old clothing and shoes in a number of locations around Scranton. This allows you to make donations in your local area. Everything donated to the bins is sorted so that the items that are still usable are given out to people in need. The remaining items that are too old are recycled. Plus, for each pound of clothing donated at these boxes, Friends of the Poor earns a small amount of money to put towards its operating costs.
These are where we currently have drop boxes, but if you have an idea of a good place for a bin, please contact us.
- IHM Center (Scranton)
- St. John Neumann Parish, Holy Name Church (1414 E. Elm Street, Scranton)
- Electric City Plaza (Old Ice Box Complex, Scranton)
- Church of the Good Shepherd (N. Washington Avenue, Dunmore)
- Fidelity Bank (Dunmore)
- Gertrude Hawk Chocolates (Keystone Industrial Park)
- The Wright Center Mid-Valley Clinic (5 S. Washington Avenue, Jermyn)
- A.J. Auto Center (Route 435, Moscow)