Friends of the Poor operates drop box bins for old clothing and shoes in a number of locations around Scranton. This allows you to make donations in your local area. Everything donated to the bins is sorted so that the items that are still usable are given out to people in need. The remaining items that are too old are recycled. Plus, for each pound of clothing donated at these boxes, Friends of the Poor earns a small amount of money to put towards its operating costs.
These are where we currently have drop boxes, but if you have an idea of a good place for a bin, please contact us.
- A.J. Auto Center, Inc.. Route 435, Moscow
- Church of the Good Shepherd. North Washington Ave, Dunmore
- Electric City Plaza (Old Ice Box Complex)- across from the stadium
- Fidelity Bank, Dunmore Corners
- Gertrude Hawk Chocolates. Keystone Industrial Park
- Keystone College. La Plume
- IHM Center. Scranton
- La Buona Vita. Dunmore
- Mainsource Food and Party Warehouse. Davis Street, Scranton
- St. Francis of Assisi Kitchen. Rear of 500 Penn Ave, Scranton
- Taylor Beverage. Next to Price Chopper on Hill. Taylor